Monday, October 3, 2011

HAPPY OCTOBER!

 


I’M COMING HOME!!
Good news, I booked my flight home last week! I’ll be home DEC 16 at 11:35pm! I feel like as soon as I get home I want to go to Jimmy’s and eat pizza and drink some Coors :) Maybe the Yacht too… I don’t know if I’ll have time ;) 
 
 
OTRA LAST WEEK NEWS
Jo & Lauren’s BIRTHDAYS
On Sept 27 Jo celebrated her GOLDEN birthday and Lauren turned 26 so after school a bunch of teachers went out to this place near school and had a few drinks to help them celebrate.
 
Happy GOLDEN Birthday JO!
 
Lauren's turn 
 
Everyone out for the Birthday party!
JAGUAR DAY
♫♫ We are, We are Jaguars, Jaguars ♫♫
This little phrase is sung over and over again to the tune of “We are, we are champions” and it sounds really funny when everyone says Jaguars because that J is hard for them to say down here.
Jaguar Day was last Friday, basically I think it is their ‘homecoming’ kind of. The kids got out of class at 8:20 and the whole school went to the auditorium for a pep rally where there was a Jaguar mascot as well as a baby Jaguar mascot from preschool it was really cute! Then the students play games and teachers can participate or just watch. There was soccer, basketball, volleyball, and then our 2 school bands played. Let me tell you there is some serious talent at this school… check out one of my seniors! 
 
Then the kiddos got to leave at 11:30 and we had professional development for the rest of the day. It was nice to end a Friday not stressed out because the day was full of fun!
 
EARRINGS AND TATTOOS
So turns out the amount of holes in my ears and my tattoos on my ankles are a big deal down here. So every Monday I have to take out all of my earnings, I’m only allowed to have one earning in each year in the lobe of my ear. Here is the before and after.
My ankle tattoos are also a big no-no. So I am kindly waiting for my mom to send me more pants because I have to get creative to be able to wear the skirts and capris I brought. Turns out band-aids are not an appropriate solution to my ankle tattoos, I was told to try makeup, so I tried buying $20 cover up (make up is super expensive down here!) and that didn’t work. Thank goodness it’s Halloween season, I bought some face paint yesterday so I’m going to see if that works. I’ll keep yall posted :) 
 Monday morning before I take them all out
Monday morning after I take them all out
A WEEKEND OFF
This weekend I had the first non-work weekend since I’ve been here. I am regretting it a little this week, but I won’t see my kiddos tomorrow because of a college fair so I’m hoping I can catch up then. But on Friday after school a few of us went to Wings Army and had wings and beer… IT WAS AMAZING!!! Then I continued to go out all night… only made it till 2am! Still trying to get used to this staying out till 3-4am Mexico thing. Saturday Jenny and I went to the Centro and there was this Indian Art Fair, so I got a couple pottery pumpkins and a witch to decorate my house for Halloween! 
 
Friday night out with Jo and a bird 
 
My blonde witch 
 
My little pumpkins
 
On Saturday night I went to Luke’s house for the WI vs KS football game. Then we went out after that. Sunday Jo and I went to the mercada and I got tons of fruita and veggies for like 40 pesos ($4) and I also got gLee season 2, Bridesmaids, and some other movie. Then we ran a lot of errands and I finally came home around 6ish to start working. Everyone says it’s okay that I didn’t do anything… you need a weekend off every once and awhile. It just makes me super excited that after the first year the hard work is done and you can probably have a lot of weekends like this. 
COOKING
I just wanted everyone to know that I’ve stepped up Sunday dinners around here and I am capable of cooking some good things that don’t just come out of a box. Here is what I had 2 Sundays ago. This Sunday I cheated and went to Chili’s.
 
 Last Sundays dinner... stepping it up a little
REALLY RANDOM
I found out I have a limón tree outside my apartment. Yesterday I was walking out to throw my trash and I thought I heard something in the tree so I was nervous to look, but it was just a man with a broom knocking out limóns. I can’t wait to get some later this week.  
I hope to do a better job in this month about having fun stuff to update everyone about… I need to be better at taking pictures; it makes this a lot easier!
Much Love,
Ab
Xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment