Friday, February 17, 2012

Opps... I Did It Again

Go to a Mexican Hospital That Is... 


So it wouldn't be a real trip to Mexico without a hospital stay, right?!?! On Valentine's Day night I was at the gym working hard in Pilates and all of a sudden I didn't feel so hot. So I left and came home. I had really bad indigestion so I took some Tums and went to bed. I got up shortly after that and went to the bathroom because I thought I was going to be sick. Then the next thing I remember is I woke up and had gotten sick all over. I went back to bed hoping that it was over. Then a couple hours later I got up again because I thought I was going to be sick again, I remember waking up but that's about it. I woke up on my bedroom floor with a small piece of my tooth in my mouth. I think I stood up out of bed and passed out... hitting my head on the corner of my desk and ping ponged my way down to the floor. Here you can't really see it, but I'll have a black eye in the next week because the knot of my eyebrow is SO huge!
It's hard to see the bump on my forehead right above my eyebrow... I was also trying to show my chipped tooth, but you can't really see that either.   
So after the second time I passed out, I knew I was REALLY sick. I passed out one more time that morning. But, by that point I couldn't keep water down so I made my appointment to the the private doctor. Once I got there he took a look at me and knew I had a bad stomach infection and I was super dehydrated. He put me in the wheel chair and took me up to the hospital part. I have never been so excited to be hooked up to an IV Bag... I was so thirsty!! After 4 bags and some antibiotics he came in and told me I had to stay the night... I didn't really care because there was a TV in the room so it's the most TV I've watched since moving down here to Mexico. The doctor was one of my students dad and he was AWESOME! So after another 2 or 3 bags I finally got to leave the next morning.
Happy to begin re-hydration!
 Thankfully I have Kady, she was so nice and didn't go to work on Wednesday so she could take me to the doctor... her perfect Spanish skills were much needed! She is the BEST! Then when I got to go home on Thursday Maribel (my HR lady) came to get me... thank goodness again because I would have never gotten out of there without her bilingual help. It sucked, but I feel SOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!

The worst part of it all was when I finally got home Thursday afternoon I was cleaning the sick out of my apartment and I found this: 

At first I ran away because I didn't know what to do, but then after thinking about it I considered how much it would suck if I had to go BACK to the hospital because I got stung by a scorpion. So I smashed it with Kady's shoe. Gross, right?!?!

I'm going to try to live a quiet normal life for a bit. Right now my Friday night is pretty exciting... I picked up my laundry and I put BUTTER on my toast. I'll rest right now because there is always next week ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh no!!!! I'm sure your feeling much better by now. That's scary Abs. Don't do that again ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? The hospital, again?! HAHA only you. :) Glad you're feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete