Friday, November 18, 2011

Oaxaca Trip - DAY 5


Day 5 – Friday October 28
Start of Day: 6:00am
Agenda:
·      Pack
·      10 hour bus ride back to Queretaro

This was such a fast week! I couldn’t believe it was time to go back already! I was nervous about getting up early enough to pack. I had been up so late the night before I just didn’t have the energy to pack before I went to bed. I surprisingly got all my stuff in my suitcase and only had like 3 extra bags. For all that I bought, I was very surprised I compacted it so much! I would show you pictures of everything I bought, but then I would spoil some prizes for people. ;)

Here is what I came home with for myself:

Alebrijes

Black Pottery

New scarf and poncho




After a delicious breakfast (where I discovered peach yogurt! I’ve been searching for it ever since and have yet to find it) we boarded the bus for the 10 hour ride back. It’s always much easier to sleep on the way home because your exhausted. All the time on the bus gave me ample time to catch up on my boy movies… we watched a lot of them… I was going to try to tell yall the names of them, but I can’t remember. If it had to do with toys/superheroes/technology/bombs/guns/explosives and it came out in the last year or so, there is a good chance I saw it. Good news is we watch them with Spanish sub titles so that was good practice. I just hated it because I was always trying to convince them to watch something else and I would lose; so I would try to get work done or take another nap and most of the time I got sucked in to whatever blow it up movie it was!

On the way home I saw my first volcano! Here are some pictures from the moving bus…


We finally got back to the school and Mo’s son gave me a ride home, which was nice because I had all this extra stuff with me. It was a great trip but I really had being in cars or buses for that long! Next time I’m flying!

… At least that’s what I say … Over Thanksgiving weekend I’m going to Puerto Vallarta and we are getting there by bus. I thought it was a 6 hour ride… I just found out yesterday it’s 8 hours; if I would have known that I would have looked into flying!!

End of Day with kids: 7:45pm

No comments:

Post a Comment