Saturday, November 12, 2011

Vinto, Arte, & Zapatos

For those who are not bilingual ;) - Wine, Art, & Shoes 
 
Last Sunday, Jo and I went to Wine and Art festival. We went to Cavas Freixenet de Mexico in Ezequiel Montes (about 40ish minutes away). Jo really wanted to go so I said I would go with… I had WAY MORE FUN that I thought I was going too! We got there and looked around
This is what I was drinking all day... Champagne!!
I found a watch that I had to get! I spent our cab fare back home on getting this watch. 
Currently it does not work, but I’m hoping if I get a new battery all will be good!
I was instantly in love with this winery because they had Champagne!! So that’s what I started drinking, and that’s what I kept drinking all day!
See the cheese platter in the background? It belonged to those nice people back there, and they let us share some :)
We eventually got some food. I had some incredible lasagna and Jo had some seafood extravaganza… I even tried a bit of her shrimp and salmon and I didn’t throw up in my mouth… so maybe it’s something I can teach myself to like.
After a couple more bottles of champagne, we decided to get some cheese of our own, and a crepe with nutella! It was awesome!
It was a perfect Sunday!
This week I HAD to take my shoes in to get fixed. I’ve never done this before because normally I would just go and buy new shoes… but I still have not found one store that sells shoes big enough to fit my feet. (I can’t wait to go shoe shopping when I get home!) So, Maya knew of a shoe place and I brought them there thinking it would be about $20-$30 to get the heels replaced on both pairs. IT WAS $10 ($100 pesos)!!!! I could not believe it. So when I picked them up… this is what they looked liked! 
He even got the MN salt stains out of my boots!!! They haven’t looked this good since I bought them! He also put new padding on the bottom of my Target heels… I am ready to rock now!! 
  It is starting to get a little colder in the mornings down here. The other day it was really windy and only got up to about 60. The kids asked me if it was what MN feels like… I said probably about a month or so ago, it should be colder now. I am ashamed to admit that I have grown accustomed to the weather here and 60 is cold! I thought I could tough it out a little more, but turns out I really do not have Midwest blood in my veins. It’s going to be rough when I get off that plane in about a month! I told my Mom to have my snowmobile jacket in the car!! :0) 

No comments:

Post a Comment