Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving On A Beach



This year for Thanksgiving I spent the day working and at night started the long 10-hour bus ride to Puerto Vallarta. This bus ride was a lot better than the last 10 hour long one because the seats were a lot more spacious and we were driving all at night so it was easier to comatose myself. It was so awesome the first movie they played when we left was Father of the Bride… and they played it in English! It was a good Thanksgiving.

We arrived to Puerto Vallarta at 6am. We took a cab to the good old Holiday Inn. This trip was awesome for me because 12 years ago I was in Puerto Vallarta with my dad and sisters and we stayed at the same Holiday Inn. The city has changed SO MUCH!!
He's kind of hard to see, but I almost stepped on this crab!

We tried to watch sunrise on the beach but it was coming up over the mountains so it was kind of hard to see, plus it was pretty foggy over there.

Catching the early morning fish

Here are some pictures at sunset:


This was the hottie that his job is to get hotel guests to play in the pool, play volleyball, go out at night - drink lots. I definitely went to water aerobics earlier in the day!

That night we had dinner at the hotel and a few of us headed out towards the boardwalk. I didn’t have my camera so I don’t have pictures right now. I’ll wait for some other peps to put some up on facebook. Dad, the boardwalk is so different! It is now a paved street that you cannot drive on and there is no actual boardwalk it’s all paved. There are still the classic sculptures there, but you would not believe all the new restaurants, clubs, and shops. I’m glad we got to see it before it became what it did!
On the very right is the Holiday Inn and the hotel in the middle and to the left are new since I had been there last

The next morning we took a stroll down the beach and I saw two AWESOME things!
1)   We saw dolphins!! It was so cool… I even climbed up the lifeguarding chair to get a better look
I see them!

I figured out I would not make a good lifeguard at the beach because it took me way to long to get down from here

They're they are!! Real dolphins!!

It was SO COOL!!

2)   I saw a Guinness look/act alike!
This dog had a water bottle it was chasing, and it would run into the ocean to get it!! It was so cute because it was like he could go nowhere when the surf was sucking him out but he would ride the wave in and that’s how he got back on the beach. He was super cute! Can’t wait to see Guinness when I get home!!
Here's the little guy riding the wave in

He's thinking: Wait were did my water bottle go?!?

Found it! Can I go again?!?!
A view from the top of the lifeguard stand

Another crab

There was a lot of laying on the beach, taking the sun and taking in a few drinks! We even played a little bit of beach volleyball. I watched for a while but then I finally tried playing… I think it might be a little easier than playing at the sandbar.
Reading on the beach... I LOVE MY LIFE!!

Everyone else playing

Me coaching and taking picutres

I finally played in the next round

It was an awesome trip! We got back at about 7 this morning, so I’ve already taken a couple naps today, cleaned the house, and put up my mini Christmas tree!! Only about 3 weeks until I’m homebound!! I hope I still have some of this awesome tan when I come back!!

1 comment:

  1. Um... I thought you were scared of heights! LOL Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete