Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas Break in MN

I was fortunate enough to get to return to home home for Christmas break. I left on Dec 16 and came back to home on Jan 2. It was the fastest 2 weeks of my life!! I saw many family and friends and I am so thankful to have every one of those people in my life. Being home was one of the best times I've ever had with the fam. Mom said that I seemed more relaxed and 'go with the flow'. I contribute that to two things:
1) It's sunny EVERY DAY ALL DAY here in Mexico! I really do think that sun does something for you!
2) The lifestyle here is go-with-the-flow ~ if you don't incorporate that into your life you will go crazy here in Mexico!!

Some highlights of being home in Minnesota:

1)    Meeting new babies and seeing growing babies - Jack, Jack & Aubrey
Jack Carter  Born Dec 20 6lbs 6oz
Jack  17 months
2)  Skating on the lake
I amazed myself... didn't fall once!
3)   Sliding with Emily
AND GUINNESS
4)  Running in the winter for the first time
5)  Wearing sweatshirts daily
6)  Being home with the whole family
7) Cultural Event – Little Match Girl with Mom, Patty, Em & Madeline
8)  Finally getting to give my Mexico Prizes to everyone
9)  Christmas Lights! Even in there was no snow
Christmas Flamingos
This was all ONE HOUSE... I was totally amazed!

My favorite part - the hanging stars
10) Lots of lunches, dinners, drinks with old friends
11)   HOMEMADE DINNERS FROM MOM
12)  Christmas Cookies – this years favorite: Russian Tea Cakes
13)  Diet Coke & Diet Mountain Dew
14) Jimmy’s Pizza
15) Hanging out at the Shop
16) Driving - mom's car
17) Shopping – Shoes & Clothes!! 
Super full closet!
I now have LOTS of clothes here
Mr. Boily was a present but one of my favs - he can hard boil and egg in the microwave in 3 mintues
18) Getting my hair did
19)  Being able to call anyone any time
20)           FAMILY
21) $300 Travel Voucher - I stayed an extra night in MN because I gave up my seat on the over sold plane, I was the lucky one!



No comments:

Post a Comment