Tuesday, January 3, 2012

¡¡Feliz Navidad!!

My apologies for not getting this out before I left. 
I have a couple blogs coming in a row so stay tuned. 

I wanted to show you all my city before I left for Christmas but things like last minute shopping and parties got in the way. In the middle of one of the bigger squares in the Centro was life size scenes of Christmas and then some. Without further ado here they are... 

In case you want to translate what this is all about to mean...

A giraffe in the Garden of Eden ... I think that may be Giraffe #1

More animals in the Garden of Eden

Adam and Eve and the apple... Now remember this is all life size!

Better view of the garden

This explains why Hell is represented

You have now entered hell

The devil

This guy is eating a leg... it's gross

Connie - check out those flamingos!


The Manger

Baby Jesus wasn't there yet


This is the pinata and I learned a cool story about why it  has 7 points coming out of it. Those points were made to represent the 7 deadly sins and then adults would beat and destroy the pinata - or the sins.


Everyone getting ready for Posadas - it's the party before Christmas usually around Dec 16th


Here is Joseph's shop

Mary is being told she will be the mother of the baby in her tummy


A giant Christmas tree in the next square over

Feliz Navidad

Everything was decorated so pretty down here! There were Christmas lights and trees everywhere you went!

No comments:

Post a Comment