Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Little Pony, Baby Jesus, and 1 More Year!


My Little Pony
I was so EXCITED to find a package in my mailbox today and inside were BINGO cards and a My Little Pony that had her own tiara! I am so glad I can be just like Matt now! The other joke is if you don’t show up to BINGO you might come in to work the next day with BINGO cards all over your desk. Since I haven’t been able to make it to BINGO in NE MN much I guess I had it coming! Thanks to my favorite cousin Suzy for the package with the assistance of Doug!! YOU GUYS MADE MY WEEK!!
Here she is in her castle. She is going to stay in my classroom!

Here are all my prizes I got today!
Baby Jesus
So tomorrow the 3 Kings arrived to Baby Jesus and down here in Mexico that is when the children get their gifts. Since the 3 Kings brought baby Jesus his gifts that day, it makes sense that kids get gifts on that day too! Santa is a newer thing for them, and they usually don’t get many presents from him. Sometimes Santa doesn’t even come on Christmas Eve, it’s Baby Jesus that brings you a present. I think it’s pretty cool how they do it down here so from here on out I will also be celebrating Kings Day with presents. Feel free to send any gifts to my mom’s house or you can ask me for my address in Mexico ;)

The other tradition on Kings Day is to eat Rosca de Reyes. This is what it looks like:
So everyone has to cut into the bread and take a piece. IF your piece has a baby Jesus in it you need to bring tamales for everyone on Feb 3rd. Guess what… I GOT A BABY JESUS!! Here it is…
This so would be a chocking hazard in the US!

1 More Year
For those of you I didn’t get to see at home, my great news was that I resigned my contract for another year down here. That means I’ll be living in Mexico until July 2013. I really love it here and time goes by so fast! What’s one more year, right? If anyone ever wants to come down, yall are in invited!

1 comment:

  1. Abstar! Congratulations on officially committing to live and work in Mexico for one more year! I am excited for you! Love the pony and baby Jesus! XOXO Miss your face!

    ReplyDelete