Sunday, September 4, 2011

I AM CONNECTED ONCE AGAIN!!!

Today was a blessed day because CableCom finally came!!! AND BONUS the guy spoke English!! 
Oh how I love today!! 
So recap of the last week... let me see what pics I have...

 One night I cooked some real Mexican food. My new favorite down here is pepinos (cucumbers) with chile and limon (lime)... I eat it almost every day. It's the best at Pancho's (this is what we now refer to the cafeteria, because he's the guy that sells us our food and probably helps make it). But I've been trying to recreate at home! I also got some naples (cactus) and tried to cook it at home. I don't mind it, but I don't think I'll make it at home again. It's better in something that you get at a real Mexican restaurant! 

 This is one of the BEST Costco purchases I've made down here! I love having some peanut butter toast for breakfast! Well at least I did last week. I am going to try to 'drink' yogurt for breakfast this week, everyone tells me it will help my tummy... I am NOT excited to have to drink the super thin yogurt down here, but I'll try it. I may still have to have a spoon full of peanut butter in the morning! 

 Jenny really hates her furniture at her apartment, so we went in search of new stuff. This is the number one pick right now...who knew the Softer Side of SEARS had so much selection. To her defense, her furniture SUCKS! If I were her, I would of been paying extra to have it delivered by Monday ;)

 Couple things:
1. Everyone down here LOVES their juice
2. They love their juice so much... they also make it in pop form. Yes, folks you are taking a look at Apple Pop!! It's actually pretty good. 
So I finally went to the farmica this weekend because after I run and around 9:00 every night I get the worst stomach cramps! I don't have to go to the bathroom, its literally just intense cramping that makes me curl up into a ball until it stops in about a half hour. So, I got some advice from Jordan on what to say to the pharmacist and needless to say I came home with laxatives... NOT WHAT I NEEDED! But while I was at the farmica I got this delicious juice... which in itself was totally worth the walk down there.

Good news, Jenny took me to the farmica today and I got some new pills, I'll keep you posted. 

Lesson Learned from the first trip: If you have drug allergies ... have them translated at home before you leave your native country so you don't have to be concerned that what they hand you will kill you!!


 So I heard through the grapevine that Emily got a culligan, which I was a little jealous about... well I have one too, kinda!! I got the base thing a week ago, but on Friday night after the high school teachers party I decided it would be a good idea to carry that thing from the gas station to my house. It's a decent walk. Needless to say by the time I got home I didn't feel bad for not working out that day... I was sweating as much as I do when I run for half hour.

Ahh... this has turned into Sunday night gourmet dinner! I didn't let myself have Mac & Cheese at home, but down here I have it on Sunday nights. This week I decided to bring it up a notch by adding hotdogs. It was pretty tasty!

School is going good. I have one full week under my belt! Once a month each class has an assembly with the principle and they talk about the teachers and all that good stuff and I got a really nice email from Adrian (my principle) that said this: 
"Today the 12th grade students were asking me to congratulate you on such a powerful start to the year.They say that they feel how well prepared your classes are, how knowledgeable you are and how interested you are in their learning.
Once actually said, and I quote….”I have learned more with her in 2 hours than I learned last year”
Well done!"
 It makes me want to keep working hard!!

Everyone in the US enjoy your day off tomorrow... I'll be at work! 

Look for more blog updates now that I'm connected again!! 
xoxox
Ab


1 comment:

  1. A couple comments:

    1. Yes, I did get a culligan for the cabin. Best. idea. ever. Think of all the water bottles we won't be putting in the recycling! And the refill is only about $7 USD!!

    2. Mac & cheese & hotdogs sounds SO good right now! I wish I had some...but I did just eat lime and salt popcorn. It was delicious. I will be eating lots more of that in the future, for sure!

    ReplyDelete