Monday, September 12, 2011

¡¡Los Gallos!!


12 Sept
 Time for an update, let’s see what’s in the camera. Saturday we went to the soccer game. Happy to report that there were no rock riots and all was good! We even won the game 4-0! This was very surprising because we were playing the Pumas, which are the best team in the league. I was prepared by my kiddos that it was going to be a crazy game and we would lose… but who knew! Check out my awesome photography skills on this one!

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡GOAL!!!!!!!!!

Here are a few other pics from the game


 Proof I was there too … isn’t that an AWESOME jersey I have on??


Wednesday I am brining some of my 11th graders to a stock market simulation. We go to a local college and they get to be stock traders for the afternoon. I hope to take pics and have a few good stories to tell. They keep asking me for advice and all I have is: 
1) Move fast!! 
B) Buy low and sell high!! 

This Thursday is the Mexican Independence Day… I can’t wait to celebrate; I’ve heard it’s going to be amazing! I have a Mexico shirt ready to go! The government down here has the right idea, instead of giving the day of off, we get the next day off, they figure everyone is out celebrating on the day of and may need the next day off to recover. I like the way they think. There are flags everywhere! 


I can’t believe it was the 10 year anniversary of 9/11 yesterday! I spent a good portion of yesterday thinking of all the families that lost someone ten years ago on one of the most defining days in our history. Thank you to all the first responders, policemen/women, firefighters that did what they did on that day. It will never be forgotten! Also, I would just like to say thank you to everyone that has defended our country since that day… THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

It seems like not long ago I was walking back to the new North in my I NY shirt senior year of high school. The halls echoed with reports of what was happening, it wasn’t real until I walked into economics class and saw it on the TV. The day continued to unfold with unbelievable events and rumors. It is something you will never forget!


No comments:

Post a Comment