Thursday, September 8, 2011

Umm lights please… LIGHTS WOULD BE GOOD!


7 Sept

Oh Wednesday, how you cease to amaze me! Wednesdays are my long days, I teach for six periods in a row back to back and lets just say by 8th period I’m ready to go home for my little siesta. But on this Wednesday I was lucky enough to get to go to a positive discipline work meeting after my long day. We proceeded to stay there until 5:15 talking about how to become positive discipline experts.  So needless to say I was ready to come home after my long day. To my surprise when I got home I noticed that my pretty pink alarm clock that usually displays vibrant multicolor numbers was not on…



I went back to the kitchen to notice no time on the microwave and no over the stove light on. I HAVE NO ELECTRICITY!! So here’s the deal. When we get our electricity bills we bring them in to Maribel (our HR lady) and she pays them. Well when everyone else in my little 4-plex got them my apartment did not have one. I talked to Maribel about it and emailed her twice to see if there was anything else I had to do to take care of it. Turns out my bill obviously never got paid. So when I called her to tell her about my situation her response was, “Sorry I’m not at work and there is nothing I can do tonight, I forgot what I did with your apartment situation, but I’ll take care of it first thing in the morning”. So I hung up thinking it’s all good, I brought a candle and a flashlight, I can rough it for one night. THEN reality set in… I GET READY WHEN IT’S STILL DARK IN THE MORNING!! I’m thinking I’ll shower by candle light get dressed in the dark and then go over to Jordan’s to make sure my outfit matches and do my hair and makeup. This will be interesting!

So meanwhile I would like to thank the Ridley girls for making sure I have alternative sources of light… like my headlamp and candle. I am so glad I brought these things. Here I am in my little photo shoot in the dark.

 Shower by candlelight 
Me and headlamp

I also went out to eat tonight so I didn’t open up my fridge. On my way home I decided to get steamed vanilla milk from Starbucks so at least I had one good thing to look forward to while I sat in the dark. 
 As you can tell there was really nothing to do without lights on! 

UPDATE: I do have electricity today... hence why I'm now able to post this AWESOME story!! 

Miss yall
xoxox

2 comments:

  1. I love your headlamp!!!

    Glad your back from the Stone Ages. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See it true, a girl can never have to many flashlights.

    ReplyDelete